Thursday, December 31, 2009

Review #2: Lil Wayne - Rebirth Leak (Pre-thoughts)


Track Listing
1. American Star (Feat. Shanell)
2. Prom Queen (Feat. Shanell)
3. Ground Zero
4. Da Da Da
5. Paradice
6. Get A Life
7. On Fire
8. Drop The World (Feat. Eminem)
9. Runnin’ (Feat. Shanell)
10. One Way Trip (Feat. Kevin Rudolf)
11. Knockout (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
12. The Price Is Wrong

Lil Wayne. What in Gods fucking name were you thinking, bro. Now, Wayne is not a good rapper. He never has been. He's been littering the radio with his bullshit for a couple years now, often referred to (even by himself) as "the greatest rapper of all time". Now, I'm not going to go into how sickening that is, I'll just get to my thoughts on Rebirth. Although the album was only leaked and may have more tracks in the end, I'm still giving my thoughts.

Rebirth is Lil Waynes rock debut. Yes, the motherfucker has a rock album. Throughout this whole album from start to finish, about 80% of the vocals are the inane ramblings of a man who has lost his mind. Yes, Weezy has infact, literally lost his fucking mind. This album makes absolutely no sense. From the minute long chant of "lets jump out a window baby, lets jump off a building baby" on "Ground Zero", to the "FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU" screaming on "The Price is Wrong", this album is one big clusterfuck of the most random, inane shit I have ever heard in my entire life.

The guitar parts are plain, and I'm not much for rock music, so I'm not a real judge at this, but it sounds like his main inspiration was fucking Linkin Park. I was very unimpressed at the rock parts, which isn't really suprising. Also, I refuse to believe that this motherfucker actually played guitar at all on this album.

As production goes, the album was fucked in the ass by autotune's big dick. The few actual hip hop beats are boring and definitely nothing that bangs. And as for guest appearances, Eminem has the best verse on the album (DERP, NO SHIT). Shanell is generic, and Nicki Minaj gives you promise of just coming on for a decent chorus on "Knockout", and then she goes ahead to spit the worst, and I'm not exaggerating, I mean the worst rap verse I have ever had the fucking misfortune of hearing. Also, Kevin Rudolf was completely unmemorable.

So all in all, this album is great for a laugh. But, I'd go as far as to say, it is the worst album I have ever heard. Simply terrible. Lets hope while Wayne's in jail he quits the syrup, and just goes back to being a shitty rapper. Actually, on second thought, atleast batshit fucking insane Wayne has comedic value.


Highlights: Eminems verse is the best thing on this album. And it's mediocre at best.
Fucking retarded shit: Don't even know where to begin

Notable lines:
"Givin' more head than toupes"
Nicki Minaj - "Knockout"
Congratulations. You are a huge, disgusting slut. Become a prostitute, you'll make more than as a musician.

"Lets jump out a window baby, lets jump off a building"
Lil Wayne - "Ground Zero"
You have no idea how happy this would make me.

"Woke up this morning with my dick to the ceiling "
Lil Wayne - "One Way Trip"
I..I'm at a loss for words

.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment